Thursday 28 February 2013

Got Milk?

As anyone who knows me will know, I am a MAJOR proponent of breast feeding and the concept of 'human milk for human babies'. That said, somewhere along the way cows milk gets introduced to our lives and we never seem able to part company - bread and milk, they are the staples, yes? uh, maybe not so much....

They other day I was sent a link to 'Milk: It does a body bad' and the information they gave got me thinking.

Then, today I watched this fantastic and inspiring TED talk by Sarah Britton, author of my favourite food blog, My New Roots. Enter the idea of MAKING my own milk - and for once I am not talking about my breasts!

And the answer my friends, are nuts, seeds and grains.


If you don't have time to watch the whole TED talk (it's about 15 minutes long) then watch this video - it really is that simple folks and if you don't want to try nuts then why not try rice milk?


Happy milking!

No comments:

Post a Comment